S Platts trading as Platts Business Solutions
Effective as of 06-May-2020
ONLINE CONTENT DISCLAIMER
Opinions, advice, statements, offers, or other information or content made available through the Service, but not directly by the Site, are those of their respective authors, and should not necessarily be relied upon. Such authors are solely responsible for such content.
We do not guarantee the accuracy, completeness, or usefulness of any information on the Site or the Service nor do we adopt nor endorse, nor are we responsible for, the accuracy or reliability of any opinion, advice, or statement made by other parties. We take no responsibility and assume no liability for any User Content that you or any other user or Third Party posts or sends via the Service. Under no circumstances will we be responsible for any loss or damage resulting from anyone’s reliance on information or other content posted on the Service, or transmitted to users.
LINKS TO OTHER SITES AND/OR MATERIALS
COPYRIGHT COMPLAINTS AND COPYRIGHT AGENT
(a) Termination of Repeat Infringer Accounts. We respect the intellectual property rights of others and requires that the users do the same. We have adopted and implemented a policy that provides for the termination in appropriate circumstances of users of the Service who are repeat infringers. We may terminate access for participants or users who are found repeatedly to provide or post protected Third Party content without necessary rights and permissions.
(b) If you are a copyright owner or an agent thereof and believe, in good faith, that any materials provided on the Service infringe upon your copyrights, you may submit a notification by sending the following information in writing to our designated copyright agent at 8 Delderfield Gardens, Exmouth EX8 2DT
- The date of your notification;
- A physical or electronic signature of a person authorised to act on behalf of the owner of an exclusive right that is allegedly infringed;
- A description of the copyrighted work claimed to have been infringed, or, if multiple copyrighted works at a single online site are covered by a single notification, a representative list of such works at that site;
- A description of the material that is claimed to be infringing or to be the subject of infringing activity and information sufficient to enable us to locate such work;
- Information reasonably sufficient to permit the service provider to contact you, such as an address, telephone number, and/or email address;
- A statement that you have a good faith belief that use of the material in the manner complained of is not authorised by the copyright owner, its agent, or the law; and
- A statement that the information in the notification is accurate, and under penalty of perjury, that you are authorised to act on behalf of the owner of an exclusive right that is allegedly infringed.
EMAIL MAY NOT BE USED TO PROVIDE NOTICE
Communications made through the Service’s email and messaging system will not constitute legal notice to the Site, the Service, or any of its officers, employees, agents or representatives in any situation where legal notice is required by contract or any law or regulation.
USER CONSENT TO RECEIVE COMMUNICATIONS IN ELECTRONIC FORM
We may also use your email address to send you other messages, including information about the Site or the Service and special offers. You may opt out of such email by changing your account settings, using the “Unsubscribe” link in the message, or by sending an email to email@example.com.
Opting out may prevent you from receiving messages regarding the Site, the Service or special offers.
THE SERVICE, IS PROVIDED “AS IS,” WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND. WITHOUT LIMITING THE FOREGOING, WE EXPRESSLY DISCLAIM ALL WARRANTIES, WHETHER EXPRESS, IMPLIED OR STATUTORY, REGARDING THE SERVICE INCLUDING WITHOUT LIMITATION ANY WARRANTY OF MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, TITLE, SECURITY, ACCURACY AND NON-INFRINGEMENT. WITHOUT LIMITING THE FOREGOING, WE MAKE NO WARRANTY OR REPRESENTATION THAT ACCESS TO OR OPERATION OF THE SERVICE WILL BE UNINTERRUPTED OR ERROR FREE. YOU ASSUME FULL RESPONSIBILITY AND RISK OF LOSS RESULTING FROM YOUR DOWNLOADING AND/OR USE OF FILES, INFORMATION, CONTENT OR OTHER MATERIAL OBTAINED FROM THE SERVICE. SOME JURISDICTIONS LIMIT OR DO NOT PERMIT DISCLAIMERS OF WARRANTY, SO THIS PROVISION MAY NOT APPLY TO YOU.
LIMITATION OF DAMAGES;
RELEASE TO THE EXTENT PERMITTED BY APPLICABLE LAW, IN NO EVENT SHALL THE SITE, THE SERVICE, ITS AFFILIATES, DIRECTORS, OR EMPLOYEES, OR ITS LICENSORS OR PARTNERS, BE LIABLE TO YOU FOR ANY LOSS OF PROFITS, USE, OR DATA, OR FOR ANY INCIDENTAL, INDIRECT, SPECIAL, CONSEQUENTIAL OR EXEMPLARY DAMAGES, HOWEVER ARISING, THAT RESULT FROM: (A) THE USE, DISCLOSURE, OR DISPLAY OF YOUR USER CONTENT; (B) YOUR USE OR INABILITY TO USE THE SERVICE; (C) THE SERVICE GENERALLY OR THE SOFTWARE OR SYSTEMS THAT MAKE THE SERVICE AVAILABLE; OR (D) ANY OTHER INTERACTIONS WITH USE OR WITH ANY OTHER USER OF THE SERVICE, WHETHER BASED ON WARRANTY, CONTRACT, TORT (INCLUDING NEGLIGENCE) OR ANY OTHER LEGAL THEORY, AND WHETHER OR NOT WE HAVE BEEN INFORMED OF THE POSSIBILITY OF SUCH DAMAGE, AND EVEN IF A REMEDY SET FORTH HEREIN IS FOUND TO HAVE FAILED OF ITS ESSENTIAL PURPOSE. SOME JURISDICTIONS LIMIT OR DO NOT PERMIT DISCLAIMERS OF LIABILITY, SO THIS PROVISION MAY NOT APPLY TO YOU.
If you have a dispute with one or more users, a restaurant or a merchant of a product or service that you review using the Service, you release us (and our officers, directors, agents, subsidiaries, joint ventures and employees) from claims, demands and damages (actual and consequential) of every kind and nature, known and unknown, arising out of or in any way connected with such disputes.
You agree that any cause of action related to or arising out of your relationship with the Company must commence within ONE year after the cause of action accrues. Otherwise, such cause of action is permanently barred.
For purposes of this Agreement, “Site” refers to the Company’s website, which can be accessed at https://plattssolutions.com/
The terms “we,” “us,” and “our” refer to the Company.
“You” refers to you, as a user of our Site or our Service.
INFORMATION WE COLLECT
Platts Business Solutions collects “Non-Personal Information” and “Personal Information” in the categories described below.
Platts Business Solutions may process information about your use of our website and services (“usage data”). The usage data may include
(1) the browser types and versions used
(2) the operating system used by the accessing system
(3) the website from which an accessing system reaches our website (so-called referrers)
(4) the sub-websites
(5) the date and time (so-called timestamp) of access to the Internet site
(6) an Internet protocol address (IP address)
(7) the Internet service provider (ISP) of the accessing system
(8) the geographical location of the user
(9) the page views and site navigation paths
(10) the pattern of the users’ use of the service with regards to timing and frequency
(11) any other similar data and information that may be used in the event of attacks on our information technology systems.
The usage data collected is needed to
(1) deliver the content of our website correctly
(2) optimise the content of our website as well as any advertisement
(3) ensure the long-term viability of our information technology systems and website technology
(4) provide law enforcement authorities with the information necessary for criminal prosecution in case of a cyber-attack.
In order to process this information, we have our legitimate interests in monitoring and improving our website and services.
Platts Business Solutions may process information that you provide to us for the purpose of subscribing to our email notifications and/or newsletters (“notification data”). Our newsletter may only be received by the user if
(1) the user has a valid email address and
(2) the user registers for the newsletter shipping.
A confirmation email will be sent to the email address registered by a user for the first time for newsletter shipping, for legal reasons, in a double opt-in procedure. The confirmation email is used to prove whether the owner of the email address as the user is authorised to receive the newsletter.
When the user registers for the newsletter, we also store the IP address of the computer system assigned by the Internet service provider (ISP) and used by the user at the time of the registration, as well as the date and time of the registration. The purpose of the collection of this data is to legally protect Platts Business Solutions by ensuring understanding of the possible misuse of the email address of a user at a later date. The personal information collected as part of a registration for the newsletter will only be used to send our newsletter.
The subscription to the newsletter may be terminated by the user at any time. The consent to the storage of personal data, which the user has given prior to the shipping of the newsletter, may be revoked at any time. For the purpose of revoking consent, a corresponding link for unsubscribing is found in each newsletter.
Enquiry data, correspondence data and customer relationship data
Platts Business Solutions may process information contained in any enquiry you submit to us regarding our services and products (“enquiry data”). If a user contacts us via email or via a contact form, the personal information transmitted by the user is automatically stored.
The personal information may include:
(1) the user’s contact information
(2) the user’s name
(3) the name of the user’s employer
(4) the user’s job title or role
(5) the metadata associated with the communication
(6) and information contained in communications between the user and Platts Business Solutions
Such personal data transmitted on a voluntary basis by a user to Platts Business Solutions are stored for the purpose of processing or contacting the user, managing our relationships with customers, keeping records of communication with the user, and promoting our products and services to customers.
Platts Business Solutions may process information that the users post for publication on our website or through our services (“publication data”). On our website the users can post information in the form of blog comments.
Platts Business Solutions may process information that relates to transactions, including purchases of goods and services, that the user enters into with us and/or through our website (“transaction data”). The transaction data may include:
(1) the user’s contact details
(2) the user’s bank details or bank card details
(3) the transaction details with regards to the purchase
We will share transaction data with our payment services providers only to the extent necessary for the purposes of processing your payments, refunding your payments and dealing with queries relating to your payments and refunds.
HOW WE USE AND SHARE INFORMATION
In general, the Personal Information you provide to us is used to help us communicate with you. For example, we use Personal Information to contact users in response to questions, solicit feedback from users, provide technical support, and inform users about promotional offers.
Legal purpose of the processing of personal data
RETAINING AND DELETING YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
The personal information that we process for any purpose or purposes will not be kept for longer than is necessary for the expressed purpose. We will retain your personal data as follows:
- Email addresses, IP addresses, education and employment history, etc. will be retained for a minimum period of 1 day and for a maximum period of 13 months.
In some instances, it is not possible for us to specify in advance the periods for which your personal information will be stored by us. In such cases, we will only retain your personal data for as long as necessary to fulfil the purposes we collected it for, including for the purposes of satisfying any legal, accounting, or reporting requirements. To determine the appropriate retention period for personal data, we consider the amount, nature, and sensitivity of the personal data, the potential risk of harm from unauthorised use or disclosure of your personal data, the purposes for which we process your personal data and whether we can achieve those purposes through other means, and the applicable legal requirements.
YOUR DATA PROTECTION RIGHTS UNDER THE GENERAL DATA PROTECTION REGULATION (GDPR)
If you are a resident of the EEA, you have the following data protection rights:
- If you wish to access, correct, update, or request deletion of your personal information, you can do so at any time by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org.
- In addition, you can object to the processing of your personal information, ask us to restrict the processing of your personal information or request portability of your personal information.
- You have the right to opt-out of marketing communications we send you at any time. You can exercise this right by clicking on the “unsubscribe” or “opt-out” link in the marketing emails we send you. To opt-out of other forms of marketing, please contact us by emailing email@example.com.
- Similarly, if we have collected and process your personal information with your consent, then you can withdraw your consent at any time. Withdrawing your consent will not affect the lawfulness of any processing we conducted prior to your withdrawal, nor will it affect the processing of your personal information conducted in reliance on lawful processing grounds other than consent.
- You have the right to complain to a data protection authority about our collection and use of your personal information. For more information, please contact your local data protection authority.
We respond to all requests we receive from individuals wishing to exercise their data protection rights in accordance with applicable data protection laws.
LINKS TO OTHER WEBSITES
We may update this policy from time to time by publishing a new version on our website. You should check this page occasionally to ensure you are happy with any changes to this policy. We may notify you of significant changes to this policy by email or by placing a prominent notice on our site. Significant changes will go into effect 30 days following such notification. Non-material changes or clarifications will take effect immediately. You should periodically check the Site and this privacy page for updates.
DATA PROTECTION OFFICER
Our data protection officer’s contact details are: S Platts – firstname.lastname@example.org.